The Seven Chakras
The best and most efficient pharmacy is within your own system. ~ Robert C. Peale
There are Seven Main Chakras in the body, with these Chakras being part of our subtle or spiritual bodies, which are mirrored by our physical body. The Chakras are capable of giving and absorbing energy, and have to be continually purified and balanced for the purpose of both energy transfer and keeping the body in optimal health.
- Positioned on the top of the head
- Associated Colour: Violet, White
- Related parts of the body: pineal gland, upper brain, right eye
- Blockage of this energy point produces feelings of loneliness, isolation fear of dying and comparing ourselves unfavourably to others.
Third Eye Chakra
- Positioned on the forehead just above the eyebrows
- Associated Colour: Indigo
- Related parts of the body: spine, pituitary gland, lower brain, left eye, nose, ears and central nervous system.
- Blockage of this energy point produces headaches, insomnia, anxiety and depression.
- Positioned in the centre of the neck
- Associated Colours: Light Blue
- Related parts of the body: the thyroid gland, throat, jaw, upper lungs, arms and the digestive tract.
- Blockage of this energy point interferes with positive and effective communication. In addition, self-expression diminishes. Some respiratory disorders such as asthma, dental disorders and low self-esteem can manifest. Emotions of anger; hostility and resentment can also be produced.
- Positioned in the middle of the chest.
- Associated Colours: Emerald green / rose pink
- Related parts of the body: the thymus gland, the heart, lower side of the lungs, liver, circulatory system, skin & hands.
- Blockage of this energy point leads to feelings of anger, sadness, inability to love or form relationships, disconnection to others or situations. Usually leads to heart conditions or breast cancer.
Solar Plexus Chakra
- Positioned just above the naval
- Associated Colour: Yellow
- Related parts of the body: Pancreas, liver, digestive system, stomach, spleen, gall bladder and the autonomic nervous system.
- Blockage of this energy point leads to feelings of insecurity, the need to dominate others, need for continuous validation, digestive problems.
- Positioned just below the naval
- Associated Colour: Orange
- Related parts of the body: reproductive organs, legs and glands.
- Blockages result in over indulgence in food or sex, reproductive disorders and feelings of jealousy and confusion.
- Positioned at the genitals
- Associated Colour: Red
- Related parts of the body: Adrenal glands, kidneys, spinal column, bladder.
- Blockages lead to feeling withdrawn, victimized, fearful of life, prone to selfishness or violence. Feet, legs and lower back are often affected.